Bilingual Assistant Controller
Are you ready to move distribution forward?
Solutions 2 GO is a premier global distributor of video game products. With operations reaching 19 countries in North, Central and South America, and partnerships that further extend to Europe, Africa, Australia and Asia, Solutions 2 GO represents all publishers in the Canadian market, offers coast-to-coast distribution in the USA and is the exclusive distribution partner for Sony PlayStation in Latin America. Our leadership, processes and partnerships have earned us a reputation as the premier provider of flexible, dynamic distribution solutions for publishers, manufacturers and retailers around the world. At Solutions 2 GO, we are moving distribution forward. If you are an achiever who is relentless in ensuring that we achieve business results and create a great company culture while doing it, then we’re looking for you!
The S2G Finance Team is Growing! We are looking to hire a Bilingual Assistant Controller!
Reporting to the Director, Finance LATAM, the Bilingual (Spanish) Assistant Controller will assist in overseeing all accounting and reporting requirements related to several legal entities and will manage the full cycle accounting group and ensure proper processes and procedures are in place.
- Manage general accounting team, including monitoring and supporting all day-to-day tasks of the team members
- Review monthly revenue and expense accruals, balance sheet and income statement reconciliations prepared by team and provide guidance to staff in the posting of entries, preparation of financial results and review of queries
- Coordinate, prepare, review and present the monthly financial package including balance sheets, income statements, cash flows and high-level variance analysis to senior management
- Contribute to the coordination and preparation of the consolidated financial statements, including supporting working papers and analysis
- Responsible for year-end audits, bank audits and local audits by coordinating and providing auditors with requested information in a timely manner and liaising with external tax advisors to prepare corporate tax returns
- Ensure all government required reporting is completed in an efficient, timely and accurate manner
- Responsible for ensuring all legislative changes (IFRS and local GAAPs) are recorded accurately within systems and transaction documents
- Support the Finance Director to manage and optimize the financial reporting close process
- Ensure compliance with internal and external financial policies and regulations including all major Balance Sheet reconciliations and sub-ledgers
- Develop, implement and maintain accounting policies and procedures that protect Company’s assets related to the general ledger, fixed assets, payroll, and accounts payables, etc.
- Oversee the continuous improvement of Accounting and Financial processes and the development of the team to achieve best practices
- Assist with development and implementation of effective internal controls to assure safeguarding of assets and reliability of financial statements and to detect fraud and errors
- Establish relationships and communicate effectively with persons across a variety of departments, at all levels within and outside the organization
- Identify, investigate and research technical accounting and financial reporting issues, and provide recommendations to the Finance Director, and members of the finance team and prepare accounting memos as required
- Provide timely and constructive development feedback including holding regular 1:1s and team meetings, and preparation and delivery of mid-year and year-end performance evaluations
- Perform other ad-hoc financial and accounting analysis as required.
- Fluency in Spanish would be considered an asset
- +3 years of Financial Management
- University degree and Accounting designation required; CA preferred
- Strong accounting, internal controls and audit skills
- Advanced computer skills with an ability to manipulate large data sets in Excel
- Income tax knowledge required
- Experience developing high quality executive level reporting packages
- Strong hands-on leadership skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and handle a multi-currency environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience managing a team across multiple countries considered an asset'
The successful candidate will receive a conditional offer which will be contingent upon a successful background clearance obtained through our contracted third-party vendor. The standard clearance requirements depend on the position and may include some or all of the following: criminal or credit clearance, employment verification, education verification, and driver’s abstract review. In addition, the candidate will be required to provide Solutions 2 Go Inc., with their vaccination status during the background check process. If you have any questions along the way, please do not hesitate to ask.
Solutions 2 Go Inc. is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. For individuals requiring accommodations or support throughout the recruitment process please contact the HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on Solutions 2 Go Inc., please visit About Us.