Deductions Coordinator - Hybrid
Are you ready to move distribution forward?
Solutions 2 GO is a premier global distributor of video game products. With operations reaching 19 countries in North, Central and South America, and partnerships that further extend to Europe, Africa, Australia and Asia, Solutions 2 GO represents all publishers in the Canadian market, offers coast-to-coast distribution in the USA and is the exclusive distribution partner for Sony PlayStation in Latin America. Our leadership, processes and partnerships have earned us a reputation as the premier provider of flexible, dynamic distribution solutions for publishers, manufacturers, and retailers around the world.
If you are a self-starter who is driven in ensuring that we achieve business results and create a great company culture while doing it, then we are looking for you!
The S2G Team is Growing! We are looking to hire a Deductions Coordinator - Hybrid!
This role is responsible for coordinating pass through funding between vendors and customers through the organization as well as deductions taken by customers upon payment.
- Point of contact for Market Development Funds (MDF), COOP Allowances (COOP), Back end rebates (BER) and Price Protection (PP) activities
- Maintain efficient systems for tracking:
- retail activities
- vendor and customer transactions
- vendor funding and internal sales accruals
- manage & maintain the Activity Tracker with most current information and activity support
- Maintain knowledge of vendor and customer specific accounting requirements i.e. applicable taxes, credit and debit practices etc
- Create price protection & BER announcements and communicate to internal and external partners
- Collect, organize and verify all customer submissions for price protection & BER’s and ensure submission is complete
- Maintain ‘In Transit’ log for price protection claims to reconcile future discrepancies
- Review of receivables statements as provided by A/R and reconcile applicable retail deductions
- Ensure vendor deductions are submitted correctly and on time
- Obtain vendor approvals for undocumented retail activities and deductions
- Issue vendor debits and submit with required backup for retail activities
- Issue customer credits for approved activities
- Dispute deductions erroneously taken by customers
- Other ad-hoc tasks as required
- Post-secondary degree in Business/Finance
- Prior experience in finance/accounting with accounts receivable related experience an asset
- Familiarity with large retail account(s) and portals an asset
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written), with an ability to sort through ambiguity and promptly resolve deductions related issues
- Able to multitask, prioritize and organize tasks to meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work well independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to adjust to change in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced computer skills required on PC based software – Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Experience working with Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains software is an asset
- Represent the Company with a high level of integrity and professionalism at all times even while under pressure
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality surrounding confidential and sensitive information
- Effective co-ordination with various internal and external contacts both local and off-site
The successful candidate will receive a conditional offer which will be contingent upon a successful background clearance obtained through our contracted third-party vendor. The standard clearance requirements depend on the position and may include some or all of the following: criminal or credit clearance, employment verification, education verification, and driver’s abstract review. In addition, the candidate will be required to provide Solutions 2 Go Inc., with their vaccination status during the background check process. If you have any questions along the way, please do not hesitate to ask.
Solutions 2 Go Inc. is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. For individuals requiring accommodations or support throughout the recruitment process please contact the HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on Solutions 2 Go Inc., please visit About Us.