Vice President, Finance
Are you ready to move distribution forward?
Solutions 2 GO is a premier global distributor of video game products. With operations reaching 19 countries in North, Central and South America, and partnerships that further extend to Europe, Africa, Australia and Asia, Solutions 2 GO represents all publishers in the Canadian market, offers coast-to-coast distribution in the USA and is the exclusive distribution partner for Sony PlayStation in Latin America. Our leadership, processes and partnerships have earned us a reputation as the premier provider of flexible, dynamic distribution solutions for publishers, manufacturers and retailers around the world. At Solutions 2 GO, we are moving distribution forward. If you are an achiever who is relentless in ensuring that we achieve business results and create a great company culture while doing it, then we’re looking for you!
The S2G Finance Team is Growing! We are looking to hire a Vice President, Finance!
This role will partner with the various business leaders to oversee and monitor activities of a multi-billion-dollar business and will oversee the daily financial operations and controllership functions ensuring clear, accurate and timely financial reporting is provided as required.
This role will actively support and promote a positive company culture with internal and external stakeholders, clients, and customers through intentional relationship management and proactive/responsive customer service. The ideal candidate will be solution-oriented with an analytical mind and systematic approach to solving problems.
Strategic Corporate Finance
- Partner with management to facilitate effective, data-driven decision-making and drive insight into the business with analytics that support both the short-term performance goals and the long-term strategic direction
- Proactively seek opportunities to create efficiencies and improve processes; develop and monitor key performance metrics for business segments and functional departments
- Actively support M&A activities, including due diligence, business valuations, combinations, and integration
- Provide support and strategic guidance for the operations and sales teams
- Provide strategic thought to business planning, forecasting and analysis
- Oversee Credit and Accounts Receivable functions and develop KPI’s to ensure effective management of overall cash and collection process
- Oversee the credit risk of the portfolio and consistently review customer profiles to ensure appropriate insurance coverage is in place
- Ensure knowledge is current with latest accounting and reporting developments (IFRS, FSRA, CRA) and provides guidance to team on the implementation of standards and requirements
- Establish financial and administrative controls; allocate material, human and financial resources to implement necessary policies and programs
- Contribute to foreign currency risk management policies & procedures
- Conduct financial review of all contractual obligations
- Participate in financial planning/forecasting process
- In collaboration with Global CFO oversee the annual budgeting process, including review and approval of department budgets, and preparation of reports and analysis for the board and financial institutions
- Complete variance analysis of Balance Sheet and P&L to guide strategic corporate decision making
- Facilitate monthly and quarterly business and financial reviews with management, and implement weekly and monthly reporting dashboards on KPI’s to create visibility into company performance
- Prepare and analyze external reports/filings/provisions (Bank/Legal/Tax/Audit)
- Prepare and maintain multi-currency, multi-entity consolidated financial statements
- Adherence, validation, and certification of financial statements for local and international matters including financial statement preparation under IFRS/US GAAP/ASPE
- Oversee the financial close process, including internal controls and publishing of accurate and timely monthly financial statements
- Complete local legislative reporting, payment, and audit requirements
- Ensure the FP&A function provides visibility into organizational performance across the company with KPI’s, and supports the strategic growth objectives, assessing organic growth opportunities as well as modeling M&A scenarios
- Maintain/prepare rigorous ABL reporting requirements on a weekly/monthly basis
- Evaluate, implement, and maintain accounting and internal control systems and procedures in adherence with prescribed internal control framework(s) and external regulatory requirements
- Management and compliance of tax related matters (Canada/US/Foreign)
- Evaluate financial reporting systems and make recommendations
- University Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Finance, Business, or Economics
- Canadian or US CPA designation required (CA preferred)
- Minimum 10+ years post-qualification, post-firm management experience
- Dynamic personality with the ability to manage several initiatives at once
- Experience building and developing a team with a work environment that is positive and inclusive
- Medium/Large company Assurance experience with solid knowledge of accounting standards
- Experience with ABL bank reporting requirements
- Strong Tax and Compliance experience (US Tax experience an asset)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Great Plains
- Experience in M&A functions (e.g.: market research/assessment/benchmarking, origination, valuation, due diligence, transaction execution and integration)
- Hedge/Derivative accounting knowledge an asset
- Treasury/FX experience an asset
The successful candidate will receive a conditional offer which will be contingent upon a successful background clearance obtained through our contracted third-party vendor. The standard clearance requirements depend on the position and may include some or all of the following: criminal or credit clearance, employment verification, education verification, and driver’s abstract review. If you have any questions along the way, please do not hesitate to ask.
Solutions 2 Go Inc. is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. For individuals requiring accommodations or support throughout the recruitment process please contact the HR team at email@example.com.
For more information on Solutions 2 Go Inc., please visit About Us.